Hours & Location
- Field trips are scheduled to start at 10:00 am and 12:00pm Tuesday through Friday and are expected to last 2 hours
- The Children's Museum is located at 1010 Nipomo at the corner of Nipomo & Monterey. Metered street parking is available and a metered parking lot is located at Palm & Nipomo Streets
- Accepted forms of payment: MasterCard, Visa or Check
- Payments are due no later than 2 weeks before your scheduled visit
- Group admission for children is $5 per child. The group leader and chaperones within ratio are free. Extra adults are $5 per adult.
- To qualify for discounted admission, your group must consist of 10 or more children
Lunch & Snacks
- There is no restaurant or designated eating area at the Children's Museum. However, we are located less than 2 blocks from Mission Plaza where there is plenty of outdoor space for picnic lunches
- Smaller groups may use our outdoor play area for snacks
- There are NO FOOD OR DRINK allowed inside the museum besides water. Please make sure chaperones are aware of this and drink their coffee before the field trip begins
- To request a date, please fill out our reservation request form, below
- If you need to increase the number of people in your group, we will accommodate you to the best of our abilities based on the Children's Museum capacity limits
- Once payment has been made, we cannot make refunds
- To change the date or time of your reservation, please contact Sheryl at (805)545-5874 x15 for availability. The reservation may be transferred within one year of original reservation date
The Museum requires a ratio of 1 chaperone (18 years of age or older) for every 5 children.
The Children's Museum is ADA accessible. If you would like to discuss any special needs your group has, please contact Sheryl at (805)545-5874 x15 or email@example.com.
Although a few of the Children's Museum exhibits are located outdoors, the majority of your Children's Museum experience will take place indoors, so rain will not adversely affect your field trip.
Other ways you might prepare for your trip
- Have the members of your group wear distinctive T-shirts or name tags
- Visit the Children's Museum before your field trip & set learning objectives based upon exhibits
- Establish an end-of-visit meeting place & inform students where to go if they get lost