Employment at SLOCM
San Luis Obispo Children's Museum Guest Services Staff
The Museum: The San Luis Obispo Children's Museum (SLOCM) is a non-profit organization that inspires learning through play within a rich environment of interactive exhibits and programs in the arts, sciences, and humanities. We are committed to offering experiences that evoke curiosity and imagination about the world and promote active exploration and creation.
Position Overview: Guest Services Staff's primary responsibility is to deliver exceptional customer service, with a strong emphasis on ensuring the quality and safety of each Museum guest. On a day-to-day basis, this position reports directly to the Manager on duty (Floor Manager) and performs duties as requested by the Guest Services Director.
• Interact with Guests in exhibit areas, facilitating play and engaging parents/caregivers with children
• Assist with educational programs and activities
• Enforce safety policies and follow emergency procedures
• Reset exhibit areas, restock/prepare program supplies, reset/stock Museum Store
• Maintain a cheerful, welcoming and professional working environment
• Provide Guests with information about memberships, admissions, activities, programs, events, exhibits and respond to Guests' inquiries
• Act as cashier at Point of Sale (POS) computer, practicing appropriate cash-handling procedures and personal information safety procedures
• Assist Guests in the Museum Store
• Perform opening and closing duties including setting up/cleaning up exhibit areas, restrooms, general facility, outdoor areas and perimeter of the property
• General, light facility maintenance (watering plants, sweeping, mopping, window and surface dusting and cleaning of restrooms)
• Working events (times may vary, example an event may run from 7pm-1: 30 am)
• Other duties as assigned
• Energetic, creative, outgoing, friendly personality and positive attitude
• Proven interest and/or experience working with children
• Ability to use computers/POS system: cash handling experience preferred
• Accuracy and attention to detail, good judgment, and problem-solving skills
• Experience and enjoyment working with the public, commitment to excellent customer service
• Available to work assigned hours, including weekends and occasional early mornings/ evenings
• Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Compliance with Museum Dress Code, LiveScan, and TB Clearances
$10.50 per hour, part-time, employee at will, 90-day probationary period
Must be able to work weekends and some holidays.
The museum will be closed on the following days:
* April 1st, Easter
* July 4th, Independence Day
No phone calls, please. Resumes only.